With excessive heat styling and use of blow dryers and straighteners comes the unavoidable outcome – dry and damaged hair. When hair gets damaged, to bring it back to its healthy state, you need to properly nourish and hydrate it. Hair oils play a major role in nourishing, rejuvenating, and repairing hair. But with hundreds of oils available in the market and all of them claiming to rescue damaged hair, the dilemma on which oil to pick becomes more difficult. In this post, let’s have a look at some oils that can revive and repair dry and damaged hair. Let’s find out the best oil for dry damaged hair.
1. Coconut oil: Coconut oil is one of the most popular hair oils, used extensively by women world over to make their hair healthy. Coconut oil can be used as a heat protectant hair oil too. Coconut oil can penetrate the surface of hair strands and give your hair enough moisture and hydration. Warming up coconut oil a little bit before application on to hair would help it penetrate deeper into the hair strand.
2. Argan Oil: Argan oil is a wonder oil for both your hair and skin. Argan oil is rich in fatty acids, vitamin E, and antioxidants. Argan oil protects your hair from UV rays and promotes healthy hair growth and prevents your hair from turning dry and frizzy.
3. Castor oil: Castor oil has a thick, viscous consistency. It is rich in vitamin E and other essential fatty acids. Castor oil cannot be used on its own as it’s very thick, you can use it combination with other hair oils. Castor oil makes hair strong, healthy, and smooth. It also repairs dry damaged hair.
4. Jojoba Oil: Jojoba oil is one of the best hair oils for dry damaged hair. This oil increases blood circulation and aids in healthy hair growth. Jojoba oil also imparts loads of hydration to hair and reverses damage done.
5. Olive Oil: Olive oil is extremely moisturizing in nature. It also forms a protective coat on your hair and protects your hair from further damage. Olive oil helps to revive damaged hair strands and promotes healthy and strong hair.